Frequently Asked Transmission Questions
HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE A TRANSMISSION PROBLEM?
There are several reasons to think that you may be experiencing a transmission problem. Among the warning signs are the following:
1. Issues while changing gear
2. Noises from the transmission
3. Problems when the car reaches extreme temperatures (hot or cold)
4. Leaking, burnt, or discolored transmission fluid
5. Problems when stopping or accelerating.
6. Flashing OD light
7. Service engine soon light
8. Higher than normal engine RPMs
9. Hard shifts
10. If after shifting car into proper gear, car fails to engage immediately.
DO I NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
WHAT TYPES OF SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE?
WHAT KIND OF TRANSMISSION FLUID SHOULD I USE?
Different transmissions take different fluids. Our technician will be happy to help you select the best fluid for your vehicle. Call us for an appointment at 419-465-4300.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
Having your transmission checked usually takes about 90 min. This includes monitoring the level and condition of the transmission fluid, a diagnosis of the external transmission controls, and a road test. Minor services can be performed the same day. A rebuilt transmission can take several days so that your transmission can be adequately removed, reconditioned, or rebuilt, and reinstalled. To expedite the process, we recommend making an appointment if possible by calling 419-465-4300.